Barrister | Founder | Director
Solicitor | Director | Co - Founder
Solicitor | Family
Solicitor | Personal Injury
Solicitor Advocate |Crime
Solicitor | Personal Injury
Dr Rakhi Rashmi
Office Manager | Criminal Lawyer
Senior Litigation Solicitor
Raj Veja BarristerWhat clients have said about Raj, “Raj has wisdom and experience, approachable, honest, dedicated and passionate in Court ”
- Admitted on the Solicitors Roll 1988
- Duty Solicitor 1992
- Solicitor Higher Court Advocate 1999
- Accredited Specialist Fraud Panel Supervisor 2005
- Barrister called to the Criminal Bar 2015
ProfileRaj founded the firm in 1997. Raj has 31 years experience in Criminal defence work. He has extensive trial and case preparation experience in preparing High value Fraud, money laundering and large drugs conspiracy cases. He has prepared 19 murder cases for trial and was instructed as junior trial counsel for one in the Old Bailey. Raj has been instructed on, prepared or supervised preparation in an estimated 2000 or more criminal cases. Raj takes a proactive approach to case preparation. He has conducted defence enquiries abroad personally, at great risk, sometimes to trace witnesses in Jamaica, New York and assisted in enquiries in South Africa, Spain, India and Belgium. Raj has worked with very skilled and prominent barristers over the years which has included Michael Mansfield QC, Patriack O’Connor, QC, Joe Stone QC, Sir Jonah walker Smith and Narita Bahra.
- Criminal Bar Association
- Law Society
- London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association
Gita VejaGita co- founded the practice with Raj Veja in 1997. Having qualified as Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives, Gita has converted her qualification in 2017 passing the Solicitors Legal Practice Course with commendation and was admitted on the Roll of Solicitors in April 2018. Gita is instrumental in the management and development of the practice since its opening. Gita is a constant driving force in the running of the firm. Gita is directly responsible for initiating, implementing and monitoring the achievements of the firm’s strategic, professional and financial goals. Gita is passionate in helping those who most need it, which is obvious in her commitment to Veja & Co.
- T: 0208 581 1502 (258)
Mandeep RandhawaMandeep having obtained a Law (LLB) Degree from King’s College London joined the firm in 2007, as a trainee solicitor. He successfully completed his two year training contract and qualified as a solicitor. He now specializes in Family Law and has considerable experience in Care proceedings, Children matters, Divorce, Domestic Abuse and Financial Relief upon divorce matters. He attends court regularly as an advocate and undertakes both private and legally aided matters. E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0208 581 1502 (extension 230)
Priya WaderPriya has numerous years of experience working within Criminal Defence. She regularly attends Police Station Interviews, Magistrates’ Courts and Crown Courts, for clients nationwide. Priya has extensive knowledge and experience in representing clients who face the most serious allegations such as Rape, Multi Million Pound Money Laundering Conspiracies, Fraud, VAT Evasion and Complex Drug importation. She is an exceptionally hardworking and profoundly committed Solicitor, who provides superlative client care to all her clients in cases all around the United Kingdom. Cases of Note R v K – Inner London Crown Court Priya was instructed to represent a Holistic healer acquitted of serious sexual offence charges on the first day of Trial. R v M – Kingston Crown Court Instructed in a conspiracy using Money Exchange Bureaus to launder in excess of £78 million. R v P – Southwark Crown Court Instructed in a multi handed case gaining acquittal in a case where over £10 million had been laundered. R v B – Southwark Crown Court Priya was instructed in a harrowing case where young child with disabilities, raped and sexually assaulted multiple times, whilst under the care of a family friend over a period of 3 weeks. R v S – Southwark Crown Court Priya was instructed to represent a Defendant who was part of one of Britain’s largest cyber crimes helping secure a suspended sentence of two years. R v H – Bradford Crown Court Priya was instructed as Defence Solicitor for a Defendant involved in nationwide tarnspotation and supply Class A and Class B drugs. R v S – Manchester Crown Court Priya was the instructed Solicitor in a case of conspiracy to supply Class A worth over £1 million. E: email@example.com T: 0208 581 1502 (extension 238)
Shanaz GotaShanaz began her legal career as a paralegal in 2013. She was involved in a variety of personal injury, clinical negligence and commercial claims. She has also assisted with numerous complex cases. She worked on behalf of children and adults who had suffered injuries as a result of road traffic accidents, slips/trips, CICA, MIB, employer’s liability as well as medical negligence cases. Shanaz also gained experience in handling commercial claims. When Shanaz gained her training contract in 2015, she was exposed to a wide range of complicated, high value cases; including clients who suffered complex orthopaedic injuries. She assisted on cases concerning failure to perform competent surgery. Shanaz has now qualified as a solicitor in 2017 and predominantly works in the personal injury department on negligence cases in addition to other civil disputes.
Notable casesActing for a tenant against a property investment and development company on a complex forfeiture of lease which settled minutes before the hearing. Acting for an individual for, allegedly, unpaid debt. The allegation was that the client had borrowed £100,000.00 however the Defendants could not prove this and the Claimant won at trial. Costs were awarded in the sum of £10,000.00 however the costs were not paid; a freezing injunction was obtained against the individuals. We represented the Claimant’s in obtaining the bankruptcy petition which was successful. Assisted in successfully settling a claim arising from the failure to perform competent surgery. The Claimant had vitamin D deficiency and after surgery the Claimant had a difference in height. The claim was settled in excess of £200,000.00. Assisted in Representing the Estate of a Deceased who was fatally injured whilst crossing the road. Worked closely with a senior solicitor in claiming and securing damages where the Defendant insurer pleaded serious fraud allegations against clients on the basis of a fraud ring involving suspect referral companies whose directors had been imprisoned. This case was referred to the Central London Court For specialist fraud investigations but settled shortly before trial. E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0208 581 1502 (extension 231)
Priya PatelPriya has extensive experience in general and high profile criminal defence work as well as Specialist Fraud panel cases. She has acted as an Advocate in a number of Crown Court trials and has extensive experience in all ranges of Criminal defence work ranging from less serious offences to more serious offences such as murder, White collar crime(DTI,SFO,HMRC), large scale benefit fraud, confiscation, extradition, firearm offences, rape, drug importation, money laundering and multi handed high cost cases. She has in particular dealt with cases involving an international element and has attended other jurisdictions in order to secure evidence. She has conducted a vast amount of research in complex areas of law, preparation and advocacy in such cases. She has acted as leading Junior and led junior Advocate in large and complex cases involving fraud, money laundering and conspiracies of different kinds. Priya’s appellate practice involves preparation of appeals including drafting grounds of appeal against conviction and sentence to the Court of Appeal. Priya has prepared many cases where foreign nationals have been accused of importing drugs from South Africa, South America, the West Indies, Africa and other countries. She has practical knowledge of the operational techniques and practices deployed by customs in this field. She is also familiar with the complex rules and procedures surrounding Witness Protection Units (WPU) and law enforcement debriefing procedures. She is also a Criminal Law supervisor and has extensive experience in contracting, taxation and has advocated at Cost committee hearings in relation to prior authorities and costing. E: email@example.com T: 0208 581 1502
Rabeea MalikRabeea joined Veja & Co in 2012, having successfully completed her Law LLB Honours Degree from University of Westminster and the Legal Practice Course from the College of Law. She qualified as a Solicitor in 2015. Rabeea works as part of the Litigation team, but also manages her own varied caseload of litigated cases. Her role encompasses working on various complex litigated cases ranging from Road Traffic Accident, Employers Liability, Clinical negligence, Public Liability Claims, as well as assisting on Catastrophic injury cases. Notable Cases
- - A young female who suffered an injury as a passenger in a vehicle which lost control and swerved and collided with a tree resulting in serious injuries and scars. The Claimant’s medical expert recommended surgery to improve the appearance of the scar. Court proceedings were issued, and the case settled for the sum of £28,500.00
- - A male who suffered a needlestick injury whilst collecting the sharps disposal buckets. Due to the incident, the Claimant suffered moderate depressive episode. The Claimant received settlement in the sum of £3000.00
- - A 42-year-old made suffered serious injuries resulting out of a Road Traffic accident which involved the Defendant colliding with the Claimant’s vehicle which was stationary at a give way junction. As a result of the collision the Claimant’s vehicle was pushed into the path of the oncoming vehicle in the opposite lane. Due to the incident, the Claimant suffered post-traumatic stress disorder and several other injuries. The Claimant’s medical expert recommended a lengthy prognosis for recovery along with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to assist with the Claimant’s recovery. The Claimant received settlement in the sum of £23,400.00
- - A 56-year-old female suffered injuries when the Defendant pulled out from a parking space and collided with the passenger side of the Claimant vehicle. The Claimant suffered multiple injuries and received settlement in the sum of £10,000.00
- - A 75-year-old male suffered significant injuries when the Defendant who was behind the Claimant vehicle failed to stop and collided with the Claimants vehicle pushing him forward into an innocent third party. The Claimant was medically examined by various experts and a recommendation was made for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to assist with the Claimant’s recovery. The Claimant received settlement in the sum of £16,000.00.
- - A young female suffered injuries when she was attached by dogs whilst working as a technical surveyor at the Defendant’s property. The Defendant failed to display any warning signs informing others of the presence of dogs at the property. The dogs chased the Claimant, biting her arm. The case was issued as there was never a response received from the Defendant. Judgement was obtained in favour of the Claimant and the matter was heard at Court for assessment of damages. The Claimant received settlement in the sum of £10,000.00 which was assessed and awarded by the Court.
- - A young male suffered injuries to his knee whilst playing football. The Claimant tripped over damaged astro turf grass in the pitch and fell forward and twisted his right knee. The Claimant’s knee was operated on and he received several sessions of physiotherapy treatment. The Claimant received settlement in the sum of £12,062.00.